Monday, April 27, 2009

Messianic Judaism

I don't understand this at all. How can anyone be Jewish and Christian at the same time? It doesn't make any sense. A huge part of Judaism is that we are still waiting for our messiah while Christianity accepts Jesus as the messiah. How do you overcome that? Do you argue that Messianic Jews are waiting for the second coming of Jesus as their messiah? Doesn't that just make them Christian?

On their website, www.mjaa.org (Messianic Jewish Alliance of America) on Joel Chernoff's blog, he describes the correlation between Passover and Communion. "This brings me to the New Covenant Passover. Did you know that the Christian Communion, that is celebrated at various times throughout the year, depending on what denomination and church you are associated with, is actually a Passover celebration. In other words the Last Supper was a Passover meal." I guess this makes sense and he is really trying to argue the connection between Judaism and Christianity. I suppose that they are worshiping the same G-d essentially so I guess it's harmless. I still find it confusing but, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment