Monday, February 16, 2009

Chabad

Ugh, I'm sorry. I'm having a hell of a month. I promise to get back on keeping up with these blog entries from now on.

Anyway, Chabad. I researched www.chabad.org, to find that there is a huge emphasis which describes society and living, as described by the chabad tradition. Under the society and living link, the website describes intimacy. I'd like the quote the website if I may, "To be intimate means to go into a place that is private, that is sacred, that is set aside".

The thing that confuses me about the website is that the section on the Rebbe is actually further down the website. You'd assume a movement where its leader still plays a HUGE role despite being dead would be on the top of their list of things to showcase on their website. It seems the movement wants their website to function as a social connection towards its members, focusing on living a jewish life before they start going into the religion. From the website, we arrive at well laid out explanation on the rebbe, including his insights, teachings and a biography.

From the insights link, we come to a very lengthy list of separate topics which the Rebbe discussed. These range from death, Holocaust, Israel, charity, etc. This website provides an excellent resource for anyone curious on the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment